Hello, Little Birdie Crafts Friends! How are you all doing today?
I’ll be sharing with you how I created these mixed media tags using various material from Little Birdie Crafts.
- Step 1 : Coat the cardstock with some clear gesso.
- Step 2 : Add some torn up book pages on the tags and add another coat of Clear Gesso.
- Step 3 : Paint on some acrylic paint and metallic paint on the tags but leave off enough areas unpainted to show off a bit of those book pages.
- Step 4 : Once paint is dry, coat random areas of the surface with One-Step Crackle Medium.
- Step 5 : Once the Crackle Medium is dry, apply a coat of white paint over the crackled areas
- Step 6 : Add in embellishments and layer them according to your preference, then glue them in place.
- Step 7: Paint over the embellishments with metallic paints and brush them with some metallic wax
- Step 8: Add darker paints within the sides of the embellishments to help your design pop out, then add in some micro beads and jute strings to finish off the design. And that’s it!
These are perfect little tokens to give to your friends and family or as trade cards with fellow crafters.
Little Birdie Crafts Supplies:
- Clear Gesso
- One-step Crackle Medium
- Acrylic Matte Chalk Paints – Muted
- Acrylic Matte Chalk Paints – Country Side
- Antique Gold Metallic Wax
- Mixed Media Paste – White
- Tinted Metallic Paint – Tawny Glint
- Tinted Metallic Paint – Fired Brick
- Metal Microbeads – Summer Gold
- Metal Microbeads – Ruby Red
- Primed Chipboard – Especially Cogs
Thank you for viewing this post and I hope this inspired you to create something as well.