Hello, Friends! Sometimes we just need a quick and easy card. But we still want it to have the “Wow” factor, don’t we? Today’s ‘For the Love of Roses’ Slimline card is made with the gorgeous ‘Poppies and Roses’ paper pack. It’s super quick and easy to make, but looks like you spent hours creating it. That’s my kind of card!
This slimline card base is surprisingly easy to create!
- First, cut a 12″ x 8 1/4″ panel from the Poppies and Roses 12×12 paper pad.
- Next, score that panel at 4″ and 8″ on the long side.
- Now accordion fold the panel so that the open edge is on the left.
- Then adhere the front of the card to the blank panel that is behind it. This will create a simple side fold card.
TIP: If you leave the front edge of the card base as it is, you will have an accordion fold card. I opted to adhere the front to the panel behind it to create extra stability for the shaker frame.
Create the shaker frame like this:
- First, heat emboss a Little Birdie Primed Chipboard Ornate Rectangular Frame with Ranger Rose Gold Embossing Powder.
- Next, adhere acetate (clear cardstock) to the back of the frame using a dries clear adhesive.
- Then add 3 layers of 1/8″ wide foam strips to create the shaker box.
- Now fill the box with your desired sequin mix.
- Then adhere patterned paper cut to fit the size of the opening to seal the shaker box.
- Embellish with fussy cut butterflies, roses, ribbon and Little Birdie Flowers.
Creating the Belly Band
The decorative belly band really dresses this card up! It also helps to hold the “goodies” inside in place. Here’s how to make it.
- First, cut a 12″ x 2 1/2″ strip of the lace pattern paper.
- Next, center the panel behind the folded card base.
- Now gently bend it around the card edges just enough to make a little crease mar,
- Then place it on your scoring tool and score along the small creases, or bend it against the edge of a ruler if you do not have a scoring tool.
- Next, score or bend 1/4″ from each crease. This will allow the belly band to fit neatly over the card.
- Now fold around the card and trim away any excess so that the belly band fits neatly.
- Next, color the blank side of the belly band with Abandoned Coral Distress Inks. Add a magnetic closure.
- Finally, adhere the circle doily to the center of the belly band.
A Peek Inside
Create a turn tab by cutting the fussy cut clock image in half. Adhere the halves back to back in the upper corner of the card. Add a blank sentiment panel, fussy cut roses and a fancy circle die that you’ve cut with your Dream Cut Machine.
TIP: Place adhesive only on the bottom half of the circle die. Now you have a spot where you can tuck in a gift card if desired. Die cut a pocket and adhere at the base of the right hand side.
Create a bookmark to tuck in the pocket. The patterned paper is so beautiful that I simply stamped a sentiment on it and topped it with ribbon. For extra strength, stitch to canvas, felt or burlap. Tuck in a honey stick and teabag to make the gift complete.
Here are the Little Birdie Supplies I used to create this beautiful card
I hope I’ve shared some tips and ideas that you can use in your next crafty adventure.
Wishing you joy and creativity,