Today you are with Neena Arora on the blog. Presenting you a gatefold mini album with Little Birdie ‘Birds and Berries’ collection. I tried to create a country window scene with a cluster of flowers at the entrance of the window, a birdhouse, birds, and some flowers. This is 5″ x 5″ in size. For this, I have used my own template with black cardstock.
- First, prime the chipboards with white gesso. Apply two coats of it and let it dry.
2. Next, apply a coat of one-step crackle medium and let it dry. Then apply colours with a sponge dauber giving two shades. As the colours start to dry crackle will start appearing.
3. Next, distress the door using silver embossing powder.
4. I have covered the album skeleton with paper from ‘Birds and Berries’ paper pack. I have used tags from 12″ x 12″ paper pack for making pockets and doily coins from the 6″x6″ pack.
5. Now, glue the doors on the gatefold cover. I also used mini knobs to open the album.
6. Now, start building the composition using fussy cut shapes, flowers, berries, etc.
7. Build the composition first on the bottom right corner with the birdhouse cutouts, then paste a doily in the corner of the birdhouse. Next, paste flowers going from the bottom to the top. I have used white flowers on top to balance the light and dark shades.
8. Similarly, create a small composition on the top left corner. Here I have used bird cut outs, then started the flower composition.
9. Next, I added the berries. To finish dry gesso the flowers. I adorned the composition with glitters, pearls and sequins.
Let’s have a look at the crackled and the embossed texture.
Now let’s take a look inside….
Products I have used: Birds And Berries Card Stock – 6X6 Inch, Birds And Berries Card Stock – 12X12 Inch, Nancy Birds And Berries 6pc, Wendy Birds And Berries 9pc, Berry Branch Birds And Berries 3pc, Bonita Shabby Chic 20pc, door chipboard, Crackle Medium, Home Decor Chalk Paint Set – Vibrant, silver embossing powder, Acrylic Gesso