Hi creative people – Today I am on the blog to share a very shabby chic Victorian mixed media panel. The inspiration came after watching a movie which had a wall panel with a similar background .
Let’s head to the blog and see a step by step tutorial on how I created it. I had an MDF mini plank in my stash. I thought of using it for my project. I began with a coat of white gesso on it.
Once the gesso was dry. I gave a coat of Tattered Lace chalk paint mixed with Snow Dove multi-surface paint to my panel and the clay frame since I wanted it to be slightly beige in color and not white.
Once the chalk paint dried I added a strip of paper tape 1/2 inch wide at equal intervals. I did it by eye balling it for an equal space between two strips. Then I dabbed Misty Rose chalk paint and a hint of orange in the area which was not covered with tape. I added a hint of orange as I wanted it a shade between pink and peach.
Once the panel was dry. I added fine lines of gold to give it a rich Victorian vibe. For this, I used a clear embossing pen by Rangers and gold embossing powder by Little Birdie brand and heat embossed it. To balance the look, I used gold alcohol ink marker and gave golden edges to the sides of the stripes that were not heat embossed. Hope you can see the thick and thin lines of gold on the panel, thick ones are heat embossed, thin ones were made with a gold marker.
I was pretty happy with the background. For my focal point I used a clay frame from my stash and highlighted the highpoints with Gold metallic paint and antique gold wax.
For my frame I chose an image of a Victorian girl in sepia and used soft gel medium to seal the image. I used chipboard pieces on the back of the image to give support to the frame. I glued all of it with heavy gel medium.
I used Little Birdie flowers and ephemera for my composition. I stamped some script in brown for my background. Before gluing my composition, I try out different arrangements and once I liked it, I glued each piece one at a time.
I added a sentiment “DREAM” from one of the older sentiment collection from the store. I dry brushed the flowers with white gesso to tone down the pink of the flowers. Finally gave some fine splatter with diluted black gesso.
I hope you like the project as much as I do and will give it a try.
Till next time – Ciao
- Snow Dove Multisurface painthttps://itsybitsy.in/products/archival-multi-surface-paint-60ml-snow-dove-1pc
- Tattered Lce Chalkpaint- https://itsybitsy.in/products/home-decor-chalk-paint-60ml-tattered-lace
- Golden Glaze metallic paint- https://itsybitsy.in/products/tinted-metallic-paint-50ml-golden-glaze
- Metallic Wax- Antique Gold-https://itsybitsy.in/products/metallic-wax-antique-gold-20ml
- Misty Rose Chalkpaint-https://itsybitsy.in/products/home-decor-chalk-paint-120ml-misty-rose
- Embossing powder Gold- https://itsybitsy.in/products/embossing-powder-gold-10gm
- Dual tip alcohol marker gold-https://itsybitsy.in/collections/all/products/dual-tip-alcohol-marker-gold-1pc
- Acrylic Soft Gel gloss-https://itsybitsy.in/products/acrylic-soft-gel-medium-100mlgloss
- Acrylic heavy gel gloss-https://itsybitsy.in/products/acrylic-heavy-gel-glossy
- Ephemera Shabby Chic Bouquet-https://itsybitsy.in/collections/ephemera/products/ephemera-embellishments-shabby-chic-bouquet-44pc
- Amica Celebrate Life flowers-https://itsybitsy.in/products/amica-celebrate-life-6pc
- Agnes Celebrate Life flowers-https://itsybitsy.in/products/agnes-celebrate-life-8pc